Thursday, July 23, 2009

Grandma is here!!!

I haven't blogged in such a long time...but this is worth blogging about. My mom finally made it here for a visit, and the timing for Aydens birthday made it perfect. We have spent the week showing her just about everything that Alaska has to offer. We took her down to Seward and had a fresh seafood lunch and some breath-taking scenery. Stopped at Aleska/Girdwood along the way. We took her to the zoo and did a little antiquing one day. Than we spent the last two days headed up to North Pole to see Santa in his village and stayed with long time friends the Sommers. You know that they are truly great friends when years can pass between visits and you can pick up like no time has ever passed! Misty has always been like a sister to me, and I love her family dearly. We brought her daughter back to Anchorage with us, Autumn and Alli act like they have spent their whole lives together...but they have really only known each other months. Kids are great that way though...instant BFF's!
Mom and I have lunch plans with Beth tomorrow, and then sadly she is supposed to leave early Saturday. It has been the longest year... I am not sure how I am going to cope saying good-bye again!

No comments: