Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Busy, Busy Day









We left Yakima around 7am, and arrived in Tacoma about 9am. I am proud of myself about my driving abilities today. I hate driving in big cities, but I handled myself rather well. It helped to have Adam in front of me, leading the way. I lead the way from Boise to Yakima yesterday. It was a very pretty drive, a little rain and thicker fog in some areas.


Once we got here we had to get the Suzuki to the shipping yard, where we left it to be shipped by boat to Alaska.But before we could drop it off, it had to washed.. per their instuctions. We spent a hour driving around looking for a car wash!! We weren't being picky.. there wasn't a single one around. We even started looking for just a hose somewhere. We finally found one at a Shell gas station, and spent $6 for the basic wash. Then we had to find our way back to the shipping yard area. It was intersting. The kids loved seeing all the big cranes and ships. It took around a half hour to get everything done with them. They really go every nook and cranny of the vehicle, box up anything and everything that was in your vehicle...even the floor mats.


From there we headed to Seattle so that we could see the Space Needle. It was on my list of things to see in my lifetime, so a big "Thank You" to my sweet husband for going out of his way for me!! We didn't go up in it.. I am too chicken of heights!! It was just great to see it! And of course we had to get the photos taken! :o) Just so you know... Adam did all the driving after we dropped the Suzi off. I will not drive here. These people are crazy!! I sit in my seat and hold on to my seatbelt for dear life!!


We made it back to the hotel (in Tacoma) in one peice and headed down to the beach here, the hotel is one its own pier. We look out our window and we are above the water. It's nice!! There are a lot of ships out in the bay... and I mean ships, not little boats. Austin is amazed at their size, and we keep telling him thta they really aren't that big...when you are talking ship sizes. But we wouldn't see "boats" this size in Idaho.:o)

5 comments:

BB said...

That is the best picture of Autumn! Emily almost cried!

Aj said...

I know.. she is going through some major changes in her looks! I also loved the one of Austin... it looks like something from and Abercrombie ad : )

Wendy said...

Great Pictures!!! I remember having to find a car wash before we shipped our car. It was a pain also. You would think someone would get wise a build one right by the shipping docks. Drive safe.

Aj said...

We said the same thing... but you know it's all ran by men, and they don't always make common sense logical!! :o)

Aj said...

We said the same thing... but you know it's all ran by men, and they don't always make common sense logical!! :o)